20 Exciting Things to Add to Your Summer Bucketlist
There is no better time than summer to hit the beach. It’s that time to feel the tingle from the sand between your toes, bask under the sun and get a nice tan, to sashay in your new bathing suit, and to watch a beautiful sunset. It’s the season to enjoy watermelons, fruity sorbets, barbecues, bonfires and S’mores with your favorite people. With all the time in your hands, summer is also the perfect time to create bucket lists.
PawnHero lists 21 cool things to add to your summer bucketlist:
- Go to a slip and slide event. Slidefest Philippines brings in a giant slide the length of 3,000 donuts and 10 basketball courts, and that’s longer than the Eiffel Tower. That’s 1,000 feet of sheer happiness for you!
- Explore Baguio City. Okay, we know. This probably isn’t the first time someone suggested that you visit Baguio in the summer, but seriously, you MUST visit Baguio at least once in this lifetime and summer is the perfect time to do so. After all it’s not called the Summer Capital of the Philippines for nothing.
- Attend a fiesta. Happening on May 15, the Pahiyas Festival is the elaborate way the residents of Lucban, Quezon, celebrate an abundant harvest. Attending the festival treats you to vibrant, colorful kiping decorations and the unique chance to experience the culture and lifestyle of the locals.
- Join the Gawad Kalinga Bayani Challenge 2016: Barangay Walang Iwanan. Gather your friends and embark on an experience that will remain etched in your hearts and memory forever. Gawad Kalinga is an organization that aims to help end poverty for Filipino families by building homes, and organizing activities like health missions, sports programs, and clean-up drives. There are builds starting April 2 through June 12, visit their website to learn more.
- Complete a DIY project. Spice up your space with a cardboard marquee or give your room a rustic or bohemian vibe with a DIY wooden headboard.
- Take a road trip–even if it’s just to a new town. Tagaytay is a popular destination for people looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the metro. There is myriad of activities you can do here—you can go to an amusement park, ride a zipline, go horseback riding, eat bulalo, or simply have coffee.
- Attend a Music Festival. Happening on May 21 at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds, CloseUp Forever Summer combines EDM and indie music in one festival. As it’s already on its last leg, they’re calling this year’s event It’s Now or Never.
- Or a music festival that is also a paint party. Chroma Music Festival and Raveolution are both happening on April 2.
- Go on a hike. Take this moment to connect with nature and truly see the beauty of life.
- Watch a concert. Catch Jason Derulo at the Mall of Asia Arena on May 27!
- Go to a drive-in movie theatre. Pack a blanket and the picnic basket and head to Nuvali on April 30 for the Night Time Cinema where they’ll be airing Cinema One favorites.
- Create a camp fire, grab some marshmallows and barbecue sticks, and make some S’mores.
- Watch the sunrise on the beach.
- Do some volunteer work. Choose an advocacy you feel strongly about, be it human rights, animal rights, environmental awareness, or poverty reduction.
- Read (and actually finish!) a book. We recommend: Looking for Alaska- John Green, Every Day – David Levithan, A Wrinkle in Time – Madeleine L’Engle, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café – Fannie Flagg, Me Talk Pretty One Day – David Sedaris, The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd, Running with Scissors – Augusten Burroughs
- Go on a water adventure! Visit the CamSur Watersports Complex and go wakeboarding, waterskiing, or cable skiing.
- Make a blanket fort, grab your fluffiest comforter, throw in your favorite pillows, and go on a movie marathon.
- Or you can go backyard camping and sleep under the stars.
- Learn how to surf or swim…mermaid style.
- If you’re feeling a bit bold, get a tattoo. Remember, this is something you’ll live with for the rest of your life, so decide very carefully and make sure to choose a design that means something to you.
PawnHero can help you tick some items off your bucketlist! Pawn your old items with us for some quick cash. We are open 24/7, we provide quick responses to any of your queries, and we have low interest rates starting at 2.99%. Also, we accept a wide range of items, from loose gems, artworks, designer eye wear, and bags to motorcycles and more! Download the app on Google Play today and get a free valuation for your item or visit www.pawnhero.ph to learn more.