21 Eye-Opening Images To Make You Realize What We’ve Done to the Environment
They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here are 21 powerful images of animals that can make you pause and contemplate the way we handle our non-biodegradable wastes.
- This albatross that ingested far too much plastic.
Who can forget the time the selfie craze entered a new low? This young, endangered dolphin was pulled out from the sea and passed around by beachgoers to take selfies with the poor thing.
This is just one of the many rabbits in laboratories all over the world. Researchers drip chemicals into their eyes bare skin to test cosmetics and other products.
- A young fur seal choked by a rope.
- This bear cub that got stuck in a plastic jar.
- This duck in a six-pack.
- These tortoises trapped in plastic.
- This seal that was strangled to almost death in its own habitat.
- This gray whale trapped in a plastic net.
- This sad koala that lost its home.
Imagine how it’s like if one day you wake up to discover that your home disappeared together with your entire family. That must be how this confused koala felt after losing its home as a result of tree felling in New South Wales, Australia.
- This turtle that accidentally ate a plastic bag.
- This bird drenched in oil spill.
- This seal trapped in abandoned fishing equipment.
- This razorbill penguin killed by balloons.
- This stork trapped in plastic
- A tiny hedgehog stuck in a four-pack.
- This seal with a deadly taste for fashion.
- Penguins covered in oil.
- This seagull stuck in a plastic ring.
- This deer that collected trash with its antlers.
- This seal that got its nose that jammed in a tin.
- This sicklefin mobula trapped by rope.
These images show that any kind of animal—from hedgehogs to manta rays, can fall prey to discarded plastic trash. Because single-use items can take up to a millennium to decay, animals that ingest, or become ensnared in these wastes may become deformed, ill, or worse, they may die.
The Earth is our habitat—it is where we get food to nourish our bodies with, as it is the habitat and food source of so many other life forms. We only have one earth, and if we don’t care for our planet, time will come when all the resources will perish, leaving nothing for the generations to come.
Do your part in caring for Mother Earth! Join a cleanup drive, plant more trees, or donate to an organization that keeps nature’s best interests at heart. Let PawnHero help you fund your advocacy for the environment. Add a few more pesos to your budget by pawning your old items with us. We accept almost anything, and you can complete the pawning process with just a few clicks! Pawn via the PawnHero App today!