We all know that the hazy, lazy days of summer offer the perfect time to embark on an adventure, and so you’ve already got everything ready. All your travel buddies are game, the car tank’s full, and all your bags are packed. Except, you don’t have a destination yet. And a playlist. Without good music playing in the background, a road trip is just. Plain. Boring.
- #TenFeetTAAL – AfroJack and Trabel
Listening to AfroJack and Trabel’s Ten Feet Tall while traveling to Taal Volcano will make you feel invincible. Like you can conquer the world. Roll the windows down and feel the soft Batangas breeze and feel every inch the invincible person that you are. You may not be as tall as Taal, not even ten feet tall, but nothing in this world can bring you down.
- #WeHaveOnlyJustVIGAN – The Carpenters
The Carpenters’ “We’ve Only Just Begun” is the perfect throwback song to jump-start your adventure in the ultimate throwback destination: Vigan. Breathe in. Internalize. Feel the least bit of nostalgia to prepare yourself for a trip along the historic streets of Vigan, and down memory lane.
- #TongueTAYID – Grouplove
Grouplove’s Tongue Tied will get you feeling all high. This fun, upbeat tune will get you and the entire barkada dancing. “I’ll get real high,” as the lyrics go. But really, can you go any higher that the tip of the Tayid Lighthouse in Mahatao, Batanes?
- #BaLoveBug – Jonas Brothers
While on your way to Mount Balagbag in Rodriguez, Rizal, listen to the Jonas Brothers as they sing about getting all tongue-tied and restless out of love. The roads are rough and the trails are steep, but once you reach the summit, we’re sure speechless is all you’ll be.
- #ALBAYMyself – Charice
If traveling alone is making you painstakingly lonely, as in feel mo na mag walling levels, Charice’s version of All By Myself is the perfect sound trip. As they say, “feel the pain until it hurts no more.” Travel to Albay, Bicol and feel less lonesome as you take in the glorious view of the Mayon Volcano. Try to hold back your tears when you realize that you and the Cagsawa Ruins have one thing in common: you’re both beautifully broken.
Here’s a few more songs you can include in your playlist for the ultimate road trip experience:
- I’m Gonna Be – The Proclaimers
- Let Me In – Grouplove
- Raging Fire – Philip Phillips
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine
- Born to Run – Tyler Glenn
- Someday We’ll Know – Mandy Moore and Jonathan Foreman
- Runaway – Bruno Mars
- Roses – The Chainsmokers
- Skyline Drive – Mae
- Folding Stars – Biffy Clyro
- Boom Clap – Charli XCX
- Cool Kids – Echosmith
- Something New – Axwell^Ingrosso
- Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell
- I’ll Be There For You – The Rembrandts
- Life Is Better With You – Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Bright – Echosmith
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- Wings – Birdy
- Stand By Me – Tracy Chapman
- Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
- Chasing the Sun – Sara Bareilles
If everything is set but your budget’s getting on the way, let PawnHero help! PawnHero offers quick cash loans 24/7. Pawn your old items with us today using the PawnHero App or learn more by visiting www.pawnhero.ph
Latest posts by Mai Porras (see all)
- 5 Heartbreaking Lies Our Father Told Us - June 17, 2016
- What it Means to be a Millennial in a Developing Country - June 13, 2016
- 16 Love Lessons We Have Learned from Our Favorite 90s Cartoons - June 7, 2016